Wednesday 11 October 2017

Dreadtober: 1st company dread


 Between titans and tanks, there's time in the month for a second!  This time I've started with a chaplain dread for something a bit more tame, but he's looking pretty good so far.


 I wanted to give him a lascannon reflecting that of the Amphis' Bane, side-by-side with the heavy flamer in between.  I can't believe I've still got a few centurion weapons left.


 One of the quirks of my real-life work is coming home with odd little things in my coat pockets.  The lascannon nozzles are tricky little sprinkler heads you screw directly into the irrigation pipe.


 To show his age, I added a few Imperial Fist icons, harking back to the legion days.  One off a resin helmet was small enough to fit in the cog mechanicus.


 Sneaky eagle.


And at last I found a use for the Guilliman base!  The toes were cut suitably, and there are pins running right through the base, so no need to worry there.
So that's that!  Next time I think he'll be complete, so stay tuned!

D

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how rapidly you are knocking these things together! It has me wondering whether the sarcophagus is going to remain a gaping hole or if something else is going in there. I also can't decide what would be creepier...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm actually still considering that...

      Delete
  2. Awesomeness! I'm really digging these, good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great start on this one, lots of great details and way to reuse all sorts of bits

    ReplyDelete