Saturday 25 March 2017

Random hobby update: more of the same

 Right; there's very little going on in the way of new things as I continue to chip away at the three IKs-- that's not to say I'm still having a right old ball with them.  With settling into a new work environment, I haven't had much time for decent updates... this is more proof to the world I'm still working on anything at all, really!

Please don't mind the state of the altar, it's got into a bit of a pigsty again.


First and foremost, painting begins on Victory Awaits!  Almost, as I'm still trying to source some glue for the base, so his lower half isn't undercoated yet.
As progress continues I'll try and dedicate a whole post to each titan, so you'll get more than just one badly lit photo.


Aldrich isn't looking too much closer to finished, which is a pity.


Joseph's Cadmus Gallant is just about assembled, he'll mostly want a bunch of literature and a finished base.


... and a finished interior, which I'm certainly looking forward to.
 

 On a less serious note, I had a go at making Mettaton out of a necron.  Someone on G+ drew him as a crossover, and I wanted to know if I could make him.


And this is where I'm up to with him.  Good thing he's not taking up much of my time.


...And speaking of video game characters, an umbra Inquisitrix has just had a few finishing touches.  I was going to go for clean and shiny paintwork, reminiscent of Bayonetta but, well... I am me, so yeah.
Funny thing, I didn't realise how much I hated painting pink/purple... imagine the hassles others have with getting a decent yellow, that's pretty much me with pink.


I'm trying to find the time to get a decent rotation up on Flikr.

And I reckon that's that!  A much shorter post this time, once again just a means of proving I am still doing stuff/still alive.  I hope to get some more in-depth updates on each individual IK later on; I'm also slowly putting together a Rambling Thoughts post concerning the direction GW's art styles have taken-- a terribly biased Rambling Thoughts, I might warn you!

Bye bye for now.


4 comments:

  1. Looking good! Can't wait to see your unique style on the Knights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am too! It's taken long enough, to be sure XD

      Delete
  2. There is a whole lot going on there, bravo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have bitten off too much when I took this commission, but if nothing it's practice I guess!

      Delete