Friday, 29 May 2015

Assembling/converting an imperial knight part 2: my poor fingers

I still cannot get over the utter beauty in this kit.  I'm sure I'll be buying more titans in the future.  Also, I have decided upon a name: House Silenzi-- based on the knight world of Brillig, recently liberated from chaotic influence by the Sagodjur Fjorlag, so I suppose you could say it wasn't really...

Leaving this middle space empty irked me greatly.
The main colour scheme of the house isn't actually a proper heraldic colour; hurricane wire.  I am still in the process of replacing as much of the armour as possible with mesh, drilling out, trimming and cutting my fingers to bits in the process-- great fun!  No doubt I'll be hanging trophies/slain foes from them eventually.

What I've done so far.  Nothing is safe from my scalpel...
... at all
Once again, I considered hanging the wire diagonally and thought against it: maybe one day though-- right now it feels too difficult.

Instead of exhaust pipes I will be topping the titan off with this little chapel.

And my beautiful pilot!  She isn't quite finished yet.  Lady Fransicique Algrethi Banquo is her name, pilot of the White Rose.  Next time I'm sure she'll be painted, as will the knight's interior be also... Unless I find something else to distract me...

This is what we call epic foreshadowing.


1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of topping it with the chapel. Very reminiscent of an Imperator Titan :-)