Wednesday 6 September 2017

I finished a second Amphis' Bane dread today...

It was a complete accident, I assure you.  He's been sitting there in a state of semi-assembly since the last Dreadtober.  My last Amphis' Bane got me so psyched I had started on another immediately; that was before the commission work began.


So for a WHOLE YEAR he's been sitting looking like this.
But today being my day off Real Life work, and my brushes are so cruddy right now I can't possibly do any decent detail work done on my commissions, I apparently decided to spend the entire day working on this fellow--fellows?-- remembering the Amphis' gimmick is that there are twin brothers interred within.

Folks on G+ would recognise these pictures I put up just this morning:


The completed assembly.  This chap is going to be a titan killer, by the looks of him.  Twin-linked lascannon with plasma cannon sidearm on his right, and an I-Don't-Bloody-Know-What with a storm bolter sponson for giggles.

And now it's evening and the sun's just vanished over the mountains, he's complete!  I dashed outside during a dry spell and snapped off these pictures while I still had some daylight.  Here we go!






Looking at that storm bolter, I can't help but think of a certain fish...


A particularly exotic piece of plasma array, the Gothic pattern plasma heavy polybolos, initially designed for use as pintle-mounted defence on starships during the great crusade.  This particular piece was found within the Space hulk the Sagodjur Fjorlag later adopted as their home "world".


This icon is possibly the single most expensive piece I have ever bought for a model.  Solid sterling silver, and it was $40.  I love making myself poor, obviously...  No, this is actually a zodiac icon-- Virgo to be exact, which happens to be my own sign.  I know gemini would have been more fitting though.




And here we have him with my first one...


And once again, a group shot!  Hmm, just realised how dread-focused my army's gotten.

***

Throne, I'd awfully like to get this design to Games Workshop somehow.  I don't care if they steal it, just as long as they steal it 100%; that being. they acknowledge the pattern's mechanics and all that.  I suppose with the release of the Primarine dread they wouldn't be too interested...  Ah well!

Bye bye for now.

2 comments: